We welcome enquiries about weddings or marriage blessings at St Tim’s.
Many people find the solemnity and beauty of a church a fitting place to begin their married life together.
A marriage service lasts for about 45 minutes and helps to place the great step of marriage in the comfort and strength of God’s love for us. Often there is a great sense of peace and joy – what better start to married life!
Our vicar can marry you if either of you has the following “qualifying connections” with St Tim’s:
- One of you was baptised at St Tim’s (unless the baptism took place in a combined rite which included baptism and confirmation), or is a person whose confirmation has been entered in the register book of confirmation for St Tim’s.
- one of you has at any time had his or her usual place of residence in our “parish” for a period of not less than six months; (You can check the parish boundary to see where our Parish covers)
- one of you has at any time habitually attended public worship at St Tim’s for a period of not less than six months;
- one of your parents has, during your lifetime, had his or her usual place of residence in our “parish” for a period of not less than six months, or habitually attended public worship at St Tim’s for that period;
- or a parent or grandparent of either of you has been married at St Tim’s.
For the purposes here, a “parent” includes an adoptive parent, and any other person who has undertaken the care and upbringing of the person seeking to establish a qualifying connection and “grandparent” shall be construed accordingly.
If for any reason you are not legally allowed to be married at St Tim’s, we would happily consider a Service of Blessing for a marriage that has been conducted elsewhere.
If you are interested in a wedding or service of blessing please fill in the enquiry form below