Posts by Siobhan Melville

Posts by Siobhan Melville

We’re hiring!

Lunch Club Cook St Tim’s is hiring! We are looking for someone who can cook for our Lunch Club every Wednesday, to be served at 12.45pm. This job is a brilliant opportunity to help serve and get to know some of the older members of our community. To support our brilliant group of volunteers in providing a tasty, nutritious meal for people who often it’s the only…

Churchwardens and new Church Council members

At the Annual Meetings on Sunday 25th April we elected Churchwardens and Parochial Church Council (PCC) members. Congratulations to you all! Our Churchwardens are Jack Hiscock and James Saunders. Four PCC members were elected: Stephanie Fisher-Rogers, Aidan Melville, Chris Renshaw and Stacey Renshaw

Annual church meetings

Notice of a meeting for the election of churchwardens Parish of St Timothy, Crookes A meeting for the election of churchwardens will be held in St Timothy’s Church on 25th day of April 2021 at 11amThis meeting may be attended by: All persons whose names are entered on the church electoral roll of the parish and All persons resident in the parish whose names are entered on…

Furloughing St Timothy’s staff

St Timothy’s finances and the government furlough scheme On Tuesday 2nd June our PCC Standing Committee took the very difficult decision to furlough our remaining paid staff – Alex Townsend, Becki Porter, Kate Rogers-Kay and Siobhan Melville. That means the government furlough scheme will pay 80% of their salaries, leaving the Church to pay the remaining 20%. This is not…

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

All our groups and Services are currently running as normal.  As per the Government guidelines, if you have any of the following symptoms, please stay at home:– a high temperature– a new, continuous cough We will keep this page updated if there are any changes to our planned programmes. You can find the Church of England’s guidance here. In the…

The great fire of St Tim’s and other stories

Did you know St Timothy’s started life in a corrugated iron building near the Bolehills? Or that 1938 saw much of the church damaged by fire? Bonus points for anyone who can name all the vicars St Tim’s has had! Read about all this and more in a fascinating look at the history of our…

Sleeping Beauty

What a performance! On 24 and 25 January our talented cast performed to sell out audiences. Below are a few photos of the St Timothy’s Pantomime 2020 – Sleeping Beauty.

The stories of St Timothy’s and The Vine

On Thursday 16th January St Timothy’s and The Vine joined together at St Stephen’s to hear the stories of our churches. We are on a journey to find out what the future holds for both our churches, find out more about why we held this event here. If you missed it, you can listen to the…

Blast from the past!

What a fantastic thing to find on the desk this morning! Thanks to Phil who discovered this gem from the fundraiser for our East Window back in 1939. 365 Happy Days was full of useful info and space for a happy thought on every day of the year, although we wonder how many people kept it up after September! St Timothy’s East Window in 2019.
  • 1
  • 2